JHSON Professional Programs collaborates with world-renowned Johns Hopkins faculty and health professionals to envision, develop, and implement professional and continuing education. Our specialized, evidence-based programs and products leverage and expand the scholarship of the JHSON and our interprofessional partnerships with the schools of Medicine and Public Health, and the Johns Hopkins Health System. Our wide range of educational offerings is presented to local, national, and global communities through state-of-the art learning methods.
Professional Programs offers programs for individuals and organizations and also works closely with our clients and partners to create custom professional and continuing education programs. Programs offered in aging, research, education, domestic violence, clinical practice, interprofessional education, and much more.
Typically, our professional programs involve specialized content delivered through components such as:
- Relevant case studies, interactive group discussions, and state-of-the-science lectures.
- Special projects (co-designed with the client/partner) applying relevant content to the client’s business requirements.
- Exceptional speakers who provide expert knowledge into areas of interest for the client.
News & Information
On June 22-23, JHSON Professional Programs is providing a workshop to ease the transition for those embarking on a career in academia. The session titles say it all, from "Keys to Early Career Success in Academia," to "The Grant Cycle: Strategies for Success," to "Lessons I've Learned" and "Publishing and Thriving." Registration Closed- Event Full.
On June5-7, the SRI wrapped up its 6th year! Hosting 25 participants and 27 internationally known faculty at the institute. What is your behavior intervention?
Upcoming 2-day workshop designed for early-childhood educators, school-based counselors, parent aids, physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals working with parents of young children ages 2-5 years old. Scholarships available
Our Pathways for Learning
Professional programs are offered with different learning pathways with specific learning experiences as participants progress in their education.
- Instruments & Interventions
- Online Learning
Offerings of provided solely through online delivery enabling us to deliver programs worldwide.
Programs: New Ways for Better Days, Community Aging in Place- Advancing Better Living for Elders (CAPABLE), Core Concepts for Clinical Preceptors & Faculty, Research Coordination Orientation, Prerequisites for Healthcare Degrees
- Face-to-Face LearningOfferings in a face-to-face format include for-credit and non-credit courses, workshops, institutes, academies, and conferences. These programs provide valuable opportunities for faculty driven, specialized content delivery.
Programs: Developing Behavioral Interventions, Writing for Publication Retreat, Chicago Parent Program, Fundamentals of Research Coordination
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)No longer just a tool for free education on health-related topics, the Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing’s (JHUSON) MOOCs are now offering low-cost Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) contact hours. These programs are co-provided by the School of Nursing and the Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing (IJHN). IJHN is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
Programs: Living with Dementia: Impact on Individuals, Caregivers, Communities and Societies
10-Week Affordable Prerequisites Available
Take your health prereqs online in biostatistics, human growth & development, nutrition, microbiology, anatomy, and physiology. Courses offer a taste of Johns Hopkins excellence and are available during summer, fall, and spring semesters.