This exciting initiative, funded by a Nurse Support Program (NSP II) grant from the State of Maryland, is a unique opportunity for you to grow and develop personally and professionally as a current or emerging leader in your institution. The Academy has been created to enhance the skills of current leaders, provide succession planning, and develop emerging leaders.
Establish a leadership consortium among the schools of nursing at Coppin State University, Johns Hopkins University, Stevenson University, Towson University, and University of Maryland for the purpose of implementing an annual faculty development leadership institute in the state of Maryland.
Increase faculty development in workforce planning, particularly in leadership, by providing a comprehensive program for faculty leadership to retain, attract, and to develop nursing leaders in the academic, clinical arenas, and in our nursing profession.
Promote nursing education as a desired career path by developing academic nurse leaders and providing support to them.
Develop a faculty leadership model to help prepare academic leaders for leadership positions in the academe, in clinical practice, and in our nursing profession, and to recruit and retain quality faculty.
Academy is limited to a consortium of five schools of nursing with in the state of Maryland consisting of:
- Coppin State University
- Johns Hopkins University
- University of Maryland
- Towson University
- Stevenson University
Discovering Leadership for the Future - January 12-16, 2015
Leadership Academy Workshop Poster Presentation - November 19, 2015
- Integrating Videography as an Online Teaching Pedagogy to Increase Student Engagement / Presence
- Integrating Pediatric Standardized Patients in the Advance Practice Pediatric
- Cultural Humility in Simulation Education: A Sstate of the Science
- A Holistic Model for Nursing Student Retention
- Preparing 21st Century Nurses to Care for Diverse Populations
- New Graduate Nurse Perception of Competence Compared to Nurse Leadership
- Track Coordinator, Post-graduate Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program