Join Johns Hopkins School of Nursing
June 22 and 23, 2017
615 N. Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205 • Johns Hopkins School of public health
Registration is Now Closed.
There is no cost for this Academic Career workshop
Starting off in an academic career provides many opportunities but also challenges. The aim of this multidisciplinary workshop is to provide an opportunity to develop strategies and seek opportunities to strive and thrive in an academic career. Johns Hopkins School of Nursing is hosting this interactive workshop to help you in setting career goals, prioritizing opportunities, knowing your strengths and building resilience.
Presented by leaders within the Johns Hopkins community.
Keynote Speaker - Dr. Kathleen Dracup (view bio)
- Obtain an increased understanding of the discrete elements of an academic career: teaching, research and service
- Develop strategies for aligning elements of an academic career to achieve synergy and efficiencies
- Interact with successful scientists from medicine, nursing and public health
- Understand contemporary trends in curriculum and instructional design
- Increase the understanding of the role of social media in developing your profile
- Understand the role of bibliometrics and strategies for publication