Faculty have expressed an interest developing and strengthening their writing for publication. Led by Dean Patricia Davidson, PhD, MEd, RN, FAAN this retreat will prepare participants to complete a paper ready for submission to a targeted journal.
About the Event
- Assess own needs in developing publication skills and seek assistance in developing strength in these areas
- Complete at least one manuscript, ready for submission to a selected journal
- Learn about effective writing for publication techniques
- Receive feedback and be able to incorporate it into your manuscript
- Prepare effective feedback and constructively share it with a peer
- Prepare to receive feedback through the peer review process
- Periods of uninterrupted writing time
- Daily feedback from mentors
- Peer feedback over night
- Focus on targeting journals
- Crossover learning with focus on
- writing skills
Required information for Registration. During registration, you'll be asked to upload your CV and a document that contains the following information:
- Title of Proposed Paper
- Outline of Proposed Paper
- Name of Targeted Journal
- Proposed Author List
What to Bring
- Laptop with your draft manuscript on it.
- Reference material for your paper (hard or soft copies).
- A clear mind ready to focus!