Professional Programs offers programs for individuals and organizations and also works closely with our clients and partners to create custom professional and continuing education programs. Programs offered in aging, research, education, domestic violence, clinical practice, interprofessional education, and much more.
Typically, our professional programs involve specialized content delivered through components such as:
- Relevant case studies, interactive group discussions, and state-of-the-science lectures.
- Special projects (co-designed with the client/partner) applying relevant content to the client’s business requirements.
- Exceptional speakers who provide expert knowledge into areas of interest for the client.
News & Information
Upcoming 2-day workshop designed for early-childhood educators, school-based counselors, parent aids, physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals working with parents of young children ages 2-5 years old. Scholarships available.
New to your role or know someone who is? Learn to manage a research study or program in this three day course. JHU employees qualify for 100% Tuition remission.
Targeting health care systems, accountable care organizations, nursing homes, and more-- this hybrid and face-to-face training for nurses and occupational therapists is offered by our team of experts designed to evaluate a program's effectiveness.
Our Pathways for Learning
Professional programs are offered with different learning pathways with specific learning experiences as participants progress in their education.
- Instruments & Interventions
Instruments and Interventions highlight faculty programs that have been derived from research.
- Online Learning
Offerings are provided solely through online delivery enabling us to deliver programs worldwide.
Programs: New Ways for Better Days, Community Aging in Place- Advancing Better Living for Elders (CAPABLE), Core Concepts for Clinical Preceptors & Faculty, Research Coordination Orientation, Prerequisites for Healthcare Degrees, Supporting Professional Advancement in Nursing (SPAN)
- Face-to-Face LearningOfferings in a face-to-face format include for-credit and non-credit courses, workshops, institutes, academies, and conferences. These programs provide valuable opportunities for faculty driven, specialized content delivery.
Programs: Developing Behavioral Interventions, Writing for Publication Retreat, Chicago Parent Program, Fundamentals of Research Coordination
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)No longer just a tool for free education on health-related topics, the Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing’s (JHUSON) MOOCs are now offering low-cost Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) contact hours. These programs are co-provided by the School of Nursing and the Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing (IJHN). IJHN is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
Programs: Living with Dementia: Impact on Individuals, Caregivers, Communities and Societies